Free Repeat Prescription Collection Service
If you are a Balerno Pharmacy patient with regular medication needs we will be happy to set up a free Repeat Prescription Collection Service for you to save you having to go along to the surgeries in Currie or Riccarton to pick up your repeat prescriptions. Ask one of our staff about the service the next time you are in or phone us to discuss.
The service we provide is easy to set up – you authorise us to collect your prescriptions from your surgery on your behalf so that we can have your medicines dispensed and ready for you to pick up when you call in to the pharmacy.
Once the service is set up, there are 2 easy ways for you to use it
- Hand your repeat request into the pharmacy, or call us with your request
- We will advise you when your medicines will be ready to collect
- Call into the pharmacy and collect your dispensed medicines.
- Order your medication directly with either Pentlands Medical Practice or Riccarton Medical Practice and ask them to send your prescriptions back to Balerno Pharmacy
- Count 3 working days for requests made to Pentlands Medical Practice and 2 working days for Riccarton Medical Practice.
- Call into the Pharmacy and pick up your dispensed medicines
For patients who are housebound and do not have a carer who can pick up their medication we also offer a free delivery service – please speak to one of our staff to get more information about this extra service or look under ‘delivery service’ on this web site.
From the pharmacist
Taking steps to keep your heart healthy by eating well and keeping active Find out more »
Let Balerno Pharmacy collect your repeat prescriptions on your behalf for free. Find out more »
Why wait for a doctor's appointment? Find out how Balerno Pharmacy could help. Find out more »